A lot happened in 2016. Both personally and more globally, and a lot of it wasn't very good. The global/political stuff that is. I actually had a pretty decent year.
In 2016 I...
- Revised my novel and fell in love with writing again
- Got a new job
- Moved into a new apartment with my girlfriend
- Received 5 offers of representation and signed with an agent!
- Revised my novel with my agent (I have an agent!)
- Got engaged! My girlfriend is now my fiancee!
- Went on submission, which is a special kind of hell
- Got an idea for a middle grade novel about the daughter of ghost hunters
- Drafted the MG project
- Revised the MG project and sent it to my CP
- Interviewed to start volunteering with local LGBTQ youth (which will start in 2017!)
- Read a grand total of 25 books throughout the year. I realize this doesn't sound like much, but I'm a slow reader so I was pretty proud of this.
While I'm nervous about what our future holds politically, I'm excited to see what 2017 holds for my writing and personal life. I'm getting married! I have an agent!